Just wanted to post a picture of some signs I made for my YW a couple weeks ago. I taught the "Daughter of God" lesson and wanted them to have something to help them remember who they are, something I think we all need to remember! Anyway, I think they turned out pretty good, considering I started the project at about 10:15 PM Saturday night. Thank goodness I have a great husband who helps my crazy ideas come to pass.
I need the advice of all you experienced Hawaiian travelers. There is a dental convention in Honolulu the end of April and Mike and I are considering making a family vacation out it. What I really want to know is where you recommend staying (hotel vs. condo/house) and would it be best to stay in Honolulu or somewhere else and rent a car? Keep in mind none of us have been to Hawaii and this would be a family vacation. I want to be able to hang out with the kids at the beach or pool while Mike is in classes, but see the sights when he is done in the evenings. Thanks in advance for all the great advice!
These pictures were taken mid December. Asher has since become more proficient at putting his underwear on all by himself. If you are confused by the photos, his "underwears" are on backwards and he had stepped through one of the leg holes and out the waist. One day he will regret posing for these pictures.
Here is my Christmas Top 10, not in any particular order.
1. The Nativity production put on by Halle.
2. Sharing the holidays with so much family.
3. Our go "big or go home" real Christmas tree. My brother was pretty sure I had picked the biggest "frickin" tree at the tree farm. 18 strings of lights, a couple hundred bows and one Angel Moroni tree topper later, I think it looked pretty cool.
It was a sad day when the tree was too crispy to keep up. I got a kick out of Mike and his brother squeezing it out the front door.
4. Snow, and lots of it. I loved that the kids had 3 extra days of winter break and that we had plenty of time to play in the snow! Dakota could not get enough of it either.
I love this picture of Halle with snow hanging out of her mouth. I have a ton of pictures of my kids just sitting around eating snow.
5. Taking a nap on Christmas day.
6. Hosting Christmas dinner in my red PJs.
7. Christmas morning gratitude. Asher opened each gift with the utmost excitement and then proceeded to hug and thank the gift giver. I heard Haven say, "I can't believe I have a rocking horse." Kids really do complete Christmas.
8. Watching Halle strategically stack her "stash" exactly like I used to. Notice the piles next to the green couch in the following picture. My family had watched old family Christmas videos the week before Christmas and my sister was totally making fun of me for stacking my gifts all neatly.
9. My rocking new running shoes designed especially for me by Halle and Mike. There will only be one other pair exactly like it in the world. Mike forgot to order a wide so Nike corrected the order and said they send all returns to a third world country. Can't you imagine an African woman running in her hot mama Nikes?
10. For Christmas the girls got tickets to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle. They LOVED it! This picture was taken right before we hit the road.