Thursday, December 20, 2007
I received the new Winter/Spring Stampin' Up! catalog on Monday! And what a pleasant surprise it was. I'm really excited to plan my January stamp camp using some new stamps and accessories! I'll keep you posted of the date for my next camp. Happy stamping!
A little trip to the tree farm to get a tree, take two! We kind of killed our first one. The girls are feeding Randolf, the phony-baloney-pony-who-thinks-he's-a-reindeer!
The girls were watching the Charlie and Lola Christmas Special while they worked on the Christmas cards. They actually sing away in a manger in this cartoon! Notice the slightly crooked, beautiful new tree, with ornaments on the top two-thirds only (thank you Asher), topped with Angel Moroni (who seems to be besty friends with all the spiders in our tree)!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Thanks to a friend and fellow blogger - Alisha- I have been "tagged". So here it goes...
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 years ago (in 1997)...
1. I had decided I was going to marry Michael Lemme! I just had to figure out how to make him fall madly in love with me and recognize his fate.
2. I was working at Baskin Robins, where I could get free treats to deliver to the window of the said boy in number 1.
3. I graduated from Oak Harbor High School.
4. I made the pilgrimage to BYU. Where the said boy in number 1, kissed me within the first week we were there.
5. My first BYU "report card" had the lowest GPA I had ever received (I'm sure it was Michael's fault) and I was positive my parents were going to kill me. Good thing they lived 1000 miles away!
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Make a cool paper chain for my Christmas tree with awesome Stampin' Up paper, my tree needs a little umph! Especially since Asher keeps plucking ornaments from the tree an hurling them across the room.
2. Do dishes, yuck.
3. Get Christmas cards ready.
4. Finish the extra cards from my stamp camp today.
5. There's always laundry, pretty exciting.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Apples and peanut butter, and I don't skimp on the peanut butter.
2. Anything chocolate and peanut butter. I really shouldn't keep any of it around the house.
3. Bananas with peanut butter (do you see a pattern here?)
4. Cookies...I'm not to picky in this department, but sugar cookies are particularly dangerous.
5. Anything you can dip in Ranch.
5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. I would love to eliminate financial burdens of people who are dealing with a terminally ill family members.
2. Build another Ronald McDonald House. Most of my patients had to live in the RMH for a year or two while their child was receiving treatment for cancer, because their home was in Alaska, Montana, Eastern WA etc.
3. Build my dream house! One that is big enough to hold/sleep all of my extended family, with a huge, SAFE, playroom where you can throw the children.
4. Be financially independent.
3 of my bad habits:
1. Procrastination. It's a problem I've had forever. I've just come to the conclusion that I work better under pressure.
2. Eating poorly. I love sweets and dislike vegetables. That pretty much sums it up.
3. I hate to floss, much to my husband's dismay. However, I made a commitment to floss everyday for the rest of my life if he bought me a jogging stroller. I think I've done pretty good at keeping my end of the bargain...he's only threatened to get rid of my stroller a few times.
5 places I have lived:
1. Selah, WA
2. Oak Harbor, WA
3. Provo, UT
4. Issaquah, WA
5. Back to Oak Harbor, home sweet home.
5 jobs I have had:
1. Preschool swim teacher
2. "Activity Support" at BYU, aka set up and clean up for events in the field house. Mike and I got a job together there. We often got paid to watch volleyball and gymnastics and we still keep in touch with our bosses there. They are hoping our kids will come work from them in a few years!
3. MTC Bookstore cashier and stocker. Oh the sweet, innocent and naive missionaries. They were always good for a laugh.
4. RN on the Med/Surg unit at Primary Children's in Salt Lake, peds/picu at Utah Valley, and Hem/Onc at Seattle Childrens. I only miss these jobs a teeny, tiny bit.
5. Stampin' Up Demonstrator. This "job" is purely for pleasure.
5 things people don't know about me:
1. I'm obsessed with keeping Barbie hair looking nice. As soon as my girls open a Barbie, I say, "why don't we put at pony in her hair."
2. I like to dip cheetos in miracle whip (or stick them on a sandwich that has miracle whip on it).
3. I think I could mix sour cream, grated cheese and olives and eat it with a spoon.
4. I heart the "Deadliest Catch" as seen on the Discovery Channel.
5. I'm obsessed with getting the best possible deal on anything, thanks a lot Mom, J/K.
I tag Catherine, Emilee, Karissa, Sarah B., Brittany and the Laurels
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Today is not a holiday
It isn't even your birthday
But I still thought I'd like to send
A special message to my friend
You make me laugh and make me smile
You ease my troubles for a while
When clouds are thick and skies are gray
You put some sunshine in my day
You're really thoughtful sweet and kind
I know I've only told you once or twice
That I think you are very nice
But someone who's as great as you
Should be told more often than I do
And so I send these words with love
Why did I send them?...just because
You are cordially invited to attend a special evening filled with romance and entertainment.
For Young Women Leaders and their families.
Thanks Jenna, Sarah, Allison, Kayla, Brie, Cailey, Janavieve, Catherine, Shannon, Bailey, Keri and Alexi (and the rest of you who were behind the scenes), tonight was fabulous!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Asher opening his new fire truck from grandma and grandpa. He couldn't even wait for us to get the bag off before he climbed in!
Mike and Asher and Halle race on their sleds. Checkout the clouds that dropped a foot of snow our last night at the lodge!