Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get to Know Bishop Soptich

In September our primary did a "Get to Know Bishop" activity.  Since my dad is the fire chief, they had some of his firefighters come and do a demonstration in fire safety for the kids.  The kids loved everything about this activity, and I could tell my dad did too!

Grandpa Soptich, aka Chief Soptich, helps a few of his grandkids man the hose.


The whole gang, on a beautiful September day if I do say so.
(Dad is in the middle of the bunch, holding Brin, Kaden and Haven)

After the fire safety demo, everyone gathered inside for a Q&A period.  The kids asked Dad all kinds of questions.  I about fell of my chair when after one of Dad's answers, one little boy said, "Now that's what I'm talking about!"  Then everyone enjoyed one of Bishop's favorite treats, bear claws and milk.

2 comments:

Jenna Marin said...

Awww. I miss BishBish.

Jen said...

What a fun activity. I think our little Mt Si Primary is in for a get to know bishop activity...